Anyone who’s ever talked to an experienced hiker/backpacker knows that outdoor enthusiasts have a sweet spot for Osprey backpacks. There’s a good reason why things are the way they are. Since the company was founded in 1974, Osprey crossed quite a long way to be what it is today – one of the leading high-quality outdoor equipment manufacturers.
Since you’re reading this text, we’ll take a wild guess and say you’re interested in buying yourself an Osprey backpack. Okay, it’s not something you’d call a shot in the dark, but we took some chances, didn’t we? Anyway, continue reading this article to find out how to pack an Osprey Aether 70 backpack and digest many other useful tips from camping experts we’ve prepared for you today.
First thing first, think thoroughly about what you want to pack; prepare for the conditions that await you on the trail. Pack heavier stuff closer to the middle of your back; the lighter, compressible items should go around it. Also, make sure your Osprey Aether 70 looks tall and thin by using your backpack’s compression straps.
Of course, that was only the tip of the iceberg! Feel free to enjoy the whole thing!
Table of Contents
- 1 Are Osprey packs good?
- 2 Is Osprey camping equipment expensive?
- 3 Osprey Aether 70 – an overview
- 4 How to pack Osprey Aether 70?
- 5 Is Osprey Aether 70 a good choice for beginners?
- 6 How long will the Osprey Aether 70 last?
- 7 Final words
Are Osprey packs good?
Here’s the simplest answer: they are and there’s not a single speck of doubt about it. Needless to say, Osprey backpacks are made from top-quality materials. Also, they’re made to fit the highest standards of the industry. That’s how the company ensures each one’s built to last, as they say. Once you obtain an Osprey backpack, you won’t need to buy a new one for years, even – decades.
Additionally, Osprey backpacks are known for their clever design, sizable storage capacity, and unbelievable strength. Once done reading this intro, one might think: since they’re so good, they must be a bit too much for my budget to handle. Let’s see if that’s completely true!
Is Osprey camping equipment expensive?
Although they are a bit on the expensive side (not all of them, though), Osprey backpacks are worth every penny you invest in buying ’em. If you were to check out online reviews of these backpacks, you’d see nothing but praise. Outdoor enthusiasts all over the world almost unanimously agree Osprey camping equipment is a long-term investment that pays off.
Now, let’s get a little specific and talk about the Osprey Aether 70 backpack. First, we’d like to point out some main traits of this fantastic item.
Osprey Aether 70 – an overview
Okay, so what’s the deal here? Why’s this backpack model so special? Here’s why:
- It’s cleverly designed for backcountry excursions and alpine hikes. Also, it has built-in specifications such as anti-gravity harnessing and custom fit.
- Customers not that Aether 70 is a highly versatile bag, adaptable to any conditions. Wanna do a little city travel and a couple of side treks? No biggie, this one’s made for you.
- It’s very, very comfortable. The aforementioned anti-gravity suspension is a miracle worker. Even the neediest of backpackers with heavy loads won’t have any trouble carrying it. Also, it has an adjustable torso length, although it can be a little clunky if you’re not sure what you’re doing.
- Aether 70 has compression straps both on the interior and exterior, along with comfy shoulder, sternum, and hip straps. You’ll even find straps for your trusty trekking poles.
- You’ll get to enjoy plenty of storage space. There’s nothing that won’t fit there.
- Did we mention it’s pretty tough and resistant to tearing & ripping accidents? Still, if something chooses to go awry, Aether 70 comes with a life-lasting guarantee Osprey will fix the issue. Now, ain’t that something?
If there were some misconceptions, now there are none. It’s pretty easy to see why this piece of hiking/camping/backpacking/put-any-outdoor-activity equipment is often the topic of many (both offline and online) conversations among wildlife enthusiasts. It’s time we see how should one conduct the process of packing it for the road!
How to pack Osprey Aether 70?
It’s something similar to wordplay: how does one pack a pack? Don’t mind the lame joke attempts. Anyway, whether you’re a beginner or you’re going on your eleven-hundred-thousandth hiking adventure, it’s always good to cover these packing basics. So, shall we start?
First things first, consider your needs
How long will the hike last? Is it only for a night or two, or more? If you don’t plan on spending more than two nights on the trail, you, of course, don’t need as much clothing or food as if you’re going for a two-week-long trip. That’s the obvious part.
Secondly, consider the conditions that you’ll be facing on the trail. In other words: make sure you’ve got the proper kind of gear with you. For instance, if the weather forecast isn’t so swell, you’ll want to bring warm clothes, waterproof equipment, and similar better-safe-than-sorry gear. Also, ensure you’ve got enough consumables (batteries, for instance) on you, too. All in all: think about this thoroughly, just you don’t forget packing certain necessities or non-intentionally overpack (believe us – you don’t want a pointlessly heavy backpack).
Loading the backpack
Once you’re done selecting your backpack’s inventory, it’s time to load the cargo inside it. If you’re a bit confused, if the whole packing ordeal seems like a 3D jigsaw puzzle – relax, that’s just how things are at the very beginning. You’ll get the hang of things soon enough. Also, another thing: Osprey Aether 70 is built to carry a lot of weight; the way you’ll fill it makes a giant difference in how comfy it can be. You’ll want to pack heavier stuff closer to the middle of your back. The lighter, more compressible side of your hiking equipment should go down or higher up.
You’ll want to pack your Osprey Aether 70 to look tall and thin. That shape will keep the weight in the right spot on your body. Use your pack’s compression straps to guarantee you don’t end up sporting a backpack that’s fat & short.
Additionally, you’ll want to maintain the side-to-side balance as well. A backpack that’s leaning over to one side can create unease for your spine and shoulders. Lastly, use the pocket at the top as something similar to a glove box for all the small items you’ll carry with ya. Just be careful not to overpack!
Last but not least…
…make sure you’ve got instant access to the items you’ll need quickly. There’s nothing fun about unloading your whole bag just because a certain something (waterproof jacket, for instance) sits tight right in the middle of your backpack.
Once the pack’s loaded and you’re satisfied with the way it looks and feels, give it a test wandering around with it strapped to your back. Go up and down the stairs in order to simulate going up and down the hill. If you, for any reason, feel uncomfortable, unpack and try again. Repeat the process until you’ve found the ideal solution.
Is Osprey Aether 70 a good choice for beginners?
Well, it’s probably not the ideal choice for beginner hikers. It’s a model that neatly fits the needs of:
- Experienced hikers. This backpack basically has everything that’s a must for alpine and rough terrain trekkers. The bottom line is: there ain’t a place you can’t take this bag to.
- Long-term trekkers. The Osprey Aether 70 is a solid choice for anyone planning to go trekking anywhere from a week to a month. It’s ideal because it can carry all the supplies a long-term trekker needs. While we’re at it, here’s a place where you’ll find a lot of cool trekking tips.
- Long-term travelers. Hikers with a slight affinity towards the urban environment will find this versatile backpack very useful.
Also, you might want to avoid buying Osprey Aether 70 if you fit into any of these categories:
- City travelers. If you won’t go anywhere near nature, you might wanna opt for a less nature-oriented backpack.
- One-bag travelers. You’ll have to check this backpack at the airport. Of course, there are other Osprey products that might be more suitable for this.
How long will the Osprey Aether 70 last?
As we’ve said earlier in the text, this backpack’s built to last. Let’s elaborate a bit on that part. All Osprey backpacks are made from high-quality materials. If you were to just take a look at the stitching, you’d know the backpack we’re talking about is going to last you quite a while.
And did we say all Osprey packs come with a lifetime warranty? Oh, we did… Anyway, whatever happens to it, the issues will be fixed free of charge (although you’ll have to pay for shipping). Osprey’s customer support is always up to the task, trust us. All in all: Osprey Aether 70 is a robust, solid & sturdy backpack that’s able to handle even the roughest of terrains.
If you’re unsure how you’ll clean your trusty hiking backpack, follow this link.
That’s about it for this article on the Osprey Aether 70, folks! As you could’ve seen & read, this backpack is one of the best options out there for people who take their outdoor adventure seriously!
For more tips on backpacking, feel free to check out this page.